1. FNTI is accredited by WINHEC (World Indigenous Nations Higher Education Consortium)
winehc Accreditation Principals
Accreditation by the WINHEC Accreditation Authority means that an Indigenous-serving institution/school/program’s work:
- Is framed by the Indigenous philosophy(ies) of the native community it serves,
- Are soundly conceived and intelligently devised,
- Integrates Indigenous culture, language, and worldviews into programing,
- Are purposefully being accomplished in a manner that should continue to merit confidence by the Indigenous constituencies being served.
2. Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada's
Calls to Action
In order to redress the legacy of residential schools and advance the process of Canadian reconciliation, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission makes the following calls to action.